Another long awaited release has come true thanks to our community!
The changelog is so huge that I had to open an issue and cry for help to make it happen… thanks again @lasers for stepping up once again 🙂
- gevent support (-g option) to switch from threads scheduling to greenlets and reduce resources consumption
- environment variables support in i3status.conf to remove sensible information from your config
- modules can now leverage a persistent data store
- hundreds of improvements for various modules
- we now have an official debian package
- we reached 500 stars on github #vanity
- try to release a version faster than every 4 months (j/k) 😉
The next release will focus on bugs and modules improvements / standardization.
This release is their work, thanks a lot guys!
- alex o’neill
- daniel foerster
- daniel schaefer
- igor grebenkov
- james curtis
- maxim baz
- robert ricci
- sébastien delafond
- themistokle benetatos