I’m glad to announce a new release of py3status with an exciting main new feature giving the ability to modify any of i3status’ module output from any of your modules !
- you can now change i3status modules’ output by altering the i3status_output_json parameter received in any of your module !
- new module dpms.py allowing activation and deactivation of DPMS thx to André Doser
- order i3status output updates to prevent it from overwritting any modification made on i3status json list by a user module, this avoids a possible user filter flapping on i3status modules
- fix delay on first execution of each module which could be equal to py3status interval time before being executed : your modules get executed and displayed immediately no matter py3status’ interval
- the real i3status thread output json list is passed to all modules as the i3status_output_json parameter, this allows any user module to change any of the i3status output by simply altering the given json on the list, inspired thx to @drestebon on issue #23
- add validation for the position parameter
- add cpu usage info to sysdata script, by Patrick Shan
Many thanks to all contributors for their work and inspiration.
- Patrick Shan, @patrickshan
- André Doser, @tasse