Ok I was a bit too hasty in my legacy module support code clean up and I broke quite a few things on the latest version 2.5 release sorry ! 🙁
- make use of pkgutil to detect properly installed modules even when they are zipped in egg files (manual install)
- add back legacy modules output support (tuple of position / response)
- new uname module inspired from issue 117 thanks to @ndalliard
- remove dead code
- @coelebs on IRC for reporting, testing and the good spirit 🙂
- @ndalliard on github for the issue, debug and for inspiring the uname module
- @Horgix for responding to issues faster than me !
This new py3status comes with an amazing number of contributions and new modules !
24 files changed, 1900 insertions(+), 263 deletions(-)
I’m also glad to say that py3status becomes my first commit in the new git repository of Gentoo Linux !
Please note that this version has deprecated the legacy implicit module loading support to favour and focus on the generic i3status order += module loading/ordering !
- new aws_bill module, by Anthony Brodard
- new dropboxd_status module, by Tjaart van der Walt
- new external_script module, by Dominik
- new nvidia_temp module for displaying NVIDIA GPUs’ temperature, by J.M. Dana
- new rate_counter module, by Amaury Brisou
- new screenshot module, by Amaury Brisou
- new static_string module, by Dominik
- new taskwarrior module, by James Smith
- new volume_status module, by Jan T.
- new whatismyip module displaying your public/external IP as well as your online status
As usual, full changelog is available here.
Along with all those who reported issues and helped fixed them, quick and surely not exhaustive list:
- Anthony Brodard
- Tjaart van der Walt
- J.M. Dana
- Amaury Brisou
- James Smith
- Jan T.
What’s next ?
Well something tells me @Horgix is working hard on some standardization and on the core of py3status ! I’m sure some very interesting stuff will emerge from this, so thank you !