For this release I want to salute the significant work and help of Daniel Foerster (@pydsigner), who discovered and fixed a bug in the event detection loop.
The result is a greatly improved click event detection and bar update speed with a largely reduced CPU consumption and less code !
- major performance and click event detection improvements by Daniel Foerster
- support of %z on time and tztime modules fixes #110 and #123 thx to @derekdreery and @olhotak
- directive %Z and any other failure in parsing the time and tztime modules format will result in using i3status date output
- add ethernet, wireless and battery _first_ instance detection and support. thx to @rekoil for reporting on IRC
- i3status.conf parser handles configuration values with the = char
- new rt module: display ongoing tickets from RT queues
- new xsel module: display xsel buffers, by umbsublime
- new window_title_async module, by Anon1234
- battery_level module: major improvements, documentation, add format option, by Maxim Baz
- keyboard_layout module: color customisation, add format option, by Ali Mousavi
- mpd_status module: fix connection leak, by Thomas Sanchez
- pomodoro module: implement format option and add additional display features, by Christoph Schober
- spotify module: fix support for new versions, by Jimmy Garpehäll
- spotify module: add support for colors output based on the playback status, by Sondre Lefsaker
- sysdata module: trim spaces in `cpu_temp`, by beetleman
- whatismyip module: change default check URL and make it configurable
Once again, thanks to all contributors listed above !