py3status v2.9 is out with a good bunch of new modules, exciting improvements and fixes !
This release is made of their stuff, thank you contributors !
- Alexandre Bonnetain
- Alexis ‘Horgix’ Chotard
- Andrwe Lord Weber
- Ben Oswald
- Daniel Foerster
- Iain Tatch
- Johannes Karoff
- Markus Weimar
- Rail Aliiev
- Themistokle Benetatos
- arch_updates module, by Iain Tatch
- deadbeef module to show current track playing, by Themistokle Benetatos
- icinga2 module, by Ben Oswald
- scratchpad_async module, by johannes karoff
- wifi module, by Markus Weimar
Fixes and enhancements
- Rail Aliiev implement flake8 check via travis-ci, we now have a new build-passing badge
- fix: handle format_time tztime parameter thx to @cornerman, fix issue #177
- fix: respect ordering of the ipv6 i3status module even on empty configuration, fix #158 as reported by @nazco
- battery_level module: add multiple battery support, by 4iar
- battery_level module: added formatting options, by Alexandre Bonnetain
- battery_level module: added option hide_seconds, by Andrwe Lord Weber
- dpms module: added color support, by Andrwe Lord Weber
- spotify module: added format_down option, by Andrwe Lord Weber
- spotify module: fixed color & playbackstatus check, by Andrwe Lord Weber
- spotify module: workaround broken dbus, removed PlaybackStatus query, by christian
- weather_yahoo module: support woeid, add more configuration parameters, by Rail Aliiev
What’s next ?
Some major core enhancements and code clean up are coming up thanks to @cornerman, @Horgix and @pydsigner. The next release will be faster than ever and even less CPU consuming !
Meanwhile, this 2.9 release is available on pypi and Gentoo portage, have fun !