After four months of cool contributions and hard work on normalization and modules’ clean up, I’m glad to announce the release of py3status v3.6!
Milestone 3.6 was mainly focused about existing modules, from their documentation to their usage of the py3 helper to streamline their code base.
Other improvements were made about error reporting while some sneaky bugs got fixed along the way.
Not an extensive list, check the changelog.
- LOTS of modules streamlining (mainly the hard work of @lasers)
- error reporting improvements
- py3-cmd performance improvements
- i3blocks support (yes, py3status can now wrap i3blocks thanks to @tobes)
- cmus module: to control your cmus music player, by @lasers
- coin_market module: to display custom cryptocurrency data, by @lasers
- moc module: to control your moc music player, by @lasers
This milestone will give a serious kick into py3status performance. We’ll do lots of profiling and drastic work to reduce py3status CPU and memory footprints!
For now we’ve been relying a lot on threads, which is simple to operate but not that CPU/memory friendly. Since i3wm users rightly care for their efficiency we think it’s about time we address this kind of points in py3status.
Stay tuned, we have some nice ideas in stock 🙂
This release is their work, thanks a lot guys!