Quick post about some recent bumps.
mongodb-2.4.9 & mongodb-2.2.7
IMPORTANT : These versions fix a mongos bug which could lead it to report a write as successful when it was not. This affects all versions of MongoDB prior to and including v2.4.8.
Stay tuned on mongoDB, the next post will probably talk about the release of pymongo v2.7 which supports some neat futures from the upcoming mongoDB v2.6 series.
I skipped a bump post when releasing the v3.2.2 so you should check out the v3.2.3 changelog as well if you’re willing to know more about those bug fix releases.
You should consider this important update if you have a cluster running v2.4.7. It contains a fix for the config servers which can have them possibly disagree on chunks hashes and thus prevent mongos to start or balancing to happen. See this bug for more info.
The famous message queuing server got a nice bunch of bug fixes on a lot of its modules along with some interesting additions such as :
- support for federated queues
- report client authentication errors during connection establishment explicitly using connection.close
- inform clients when memory or disk alarms are set or cleared
- allow policies to target queues or exchanges or both
- offer greater control over threshold at which messages are paged to disk
- allow missing exchanges & queues to be deleted and unbound without generating an AMQP error
- implement consumer priorities
Full changelog here and here.
This is a bug fix release, nothing too big about it as reported by Thomas D (thanks again).
Please note that rsyslog-7.4.4 is being stabilized, mainly for security purposes.
Looks like rabbitMQ upstream likes to bump their stuff right after I catch-up with my bumps 🙂 You are strongly advised to upgrade to this version since it fixes a quite important bug introduced by 3.1.4.
- fix crash in the delegate mechanism leading to various crashes, and intra-cluster incompatibility between RabbitMQ 3.1.4 and other members of the 3.1.x series (since 3.1.4)
- prevent (harmless) errors being logged when pausing in pause_minority mode (since 3.1.0)
Quick post for a quick bugfix release of the rabbitMQ server. Please note that I dropped the remaining 3.0.4 version in tree while doing this bump.
- security fix : ensure DLX declaration checks for publish permission (since 2.8.0)
- security fix : update to a later version of Mochiweb that fixes a directory traversal vulnerability allowing arbitrary file access on Windows (since 2.1.0)
- fix resource leak with mirrored queues when whole clusters stop (since 3.0.0)
- fix queue crash in mirrored queue handling of messages during promotion (since 2.6.0)
- fix mirrored queue sync failure in the presence of un-acked messages not at the head of the queue (since 3.1.0)
- allow hipe compilation on Erlang R16B01
- make `rabbitmqctl join_cluster’ idempotent (since 3.0.0)
- improve `rabbitmqctl cluster_status’ handling of partition info when cluster nodes are in the process of stopping (since 3.1.0)
Quick catch-up on recent bumps I’ve made for rabbitMQ and mongoDB before posting about EuroPython2013 !
The 2.4 branch is definitely the most bugged one I’ve seen so far. We waited until 2.4.4 at work before migrating but this was not enough and we got hit for a few weeks by a bug which finally got fixed in 2.4.5. Also this release fixes two security bugs so you’re strongly advised to upgrade.
- CVE-2013-4650 – Improperly grant user system privileges on databases other than “local”.
- config server performance improvements
- improve initial sync resilience to network failure (that’s the one)
@dcrosta finally had the time to take care of my pull request for flask-pymongo. We now rely on pymongo’s MongoClient parameters’ validation instead of implementing them again on flask-pymongo and added connect and socket timeout options.
A roll-up bugfix release mainly.
- fix startup failure when using SSL with Erlang/OTP R16B01
- fix queue crash requeuing in-memory messages (since 2.7.0)
- fix leak affecting HA/mirrored queues (since 3.0.0)
- fix bug that lead to incorrect reporting of accumulated stats (since 3.1.2)
EDIT: okay, they just released v3.1.1 so here it goes on portage as well !
- relax validation of x-match binding to headers exchange for compatibility with brokers < 3.1.0
- fix bug in ack handling for transactional channels that could cause queues to crash
- fix race condition in cluster autoheal that could lead to nodes failing to re-join the cluster
3.1.1 changelog is here.
I’ve bumped the rabbitMQ message queuing server on portage. This new version comes with quite a nice bunch of bugfixes and features.
- eager synchronisation of slaves by policy (manual & automatic)
- cluster “autoheal” mode to automatically choose nodes to restart when a partition has occurred
- cluster “pause minority” mode to prefer partition tolerance over availability
- improved statistics (including charts) in the management plugin
- quite a bunch of performance improvements
- some nice memory leaks fixes
Read the full changelog.
Within a week, rabbitMQ got bumped twice. I’m happy to quickly post about those recent bumps so here is a highlight of 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 changelogs.
- fix connection failure to start reading again in rare circumstances when coming out of flow control
- ensure invocation of “rabbitmqctl stop_app” during server startup on a fresh node does not leave a corrupted Mnesia schema
- ensure messages expire immediately when reaching the head of a queue after basic.get
- ensure parameters and policies for a vhost are removed with that vhost
- do not log spurious errors for connections that close very early
- ensure “rabbitmqctl forget_cluster_node” removes durable queue records for unmirrored queues on the forgotten node
- clean up connection and channel records from nodes that have crashed
- do not show 404 errors when rabbitmq_federation_management is installed and rabbitmq_federation is not
- ensure the reader process hibernates when idle
- prevent x-received-from header from leaking upstream credentials
Quick post for a bugfix release.
- fix broken error reporting for rabbitmqctl
- fix race causing queues to crash when stopping mirroring
- prevent rabbitmqctl status from killing web-STOMP connections
- fix hang of rabbitmqctl status when JSON-RPC plugin enabled
Read the full changelog.
It took me quite a while to bump this package as v3.0.0 and v3.0.1 were released respectively on Nov. 19 and Dec. 11 but here they are. This bump is dedicated to Jasper @darkroom bar in NZ 🙂
Anyway, that’s quite a huge release for the rabbitMQ team which they described themselves very well :
This release introduces dynamic, policy-based control of mirroring and federation, improves the user friendliness of clustering, adds support for per-message TTL, introduces plugins for web-STOMP and MQTT, and adds many smaller new features and bug fixes.
In addition, performance is improved in several cases. Most notably, mirrored queues are substantially faster.
So my highlights will be very modest compared to the real thing and I strongly encourage you to spend 5 minutes to read the changelogs.
- allow queue mirroring to be defined by broker-wide policy, not queue declaration, and add “exactly” mode
- support per-message TTL
- enable heartbeats by default
- remove support for AMQP’s “immediate” publish mode
- greatly improve performance of mirrored queues
- improve performance of SSL when using HiPE compilation
- improve performance of bulk dead-lettering
- new plugin: implement Message Queue Telemetry Transport version 3.1
- allow mixed patch versions of RabbitMQ in a cluster
Read the 3.0.0 changelog and 3.0.1 changelog for more juicy stuff.
I was in a bug killing spree today and I’m pleased to announce that I closed the 5 open bugs open for net-misc/rabbitmq-server while bumping this package to its new v2.8.6 version.
+*rabbitmq-server-2.8.6 (03 Sep 2012)
+ 03 Sep 2012; Ultrabug <firstname.lastname@example.org> -rabbitmq-server-2.8.1-r1.ebuild,
+ rabbitmq-server-2.8.4.ebuild, rabbitmq-server-2.8.5.ebuild,
+ +rabbitmq-server-2.8.6.ebuild, files/rabbitmq.service,
+ Drop old. Add GPL-2 LICENSE fix #426092. Enhanced systemd service file fix
+ #419531 and init script fix #416345 thx to Maksim Melnikau. Fix #430510 VCS
+ fetching in compilation. Fix #430508 parallel building. Version bump.
Bug fix version mates, the changelog is here for more details as always.